Nerf Warz Warriors-NZ Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Top posting users this week
No user

Top posting users this month
No user

Nerf War Tips-Sniper

+3
Kiwiaristo
Barricade
Shockwave
7 posters

Go down

Which is the best sniper?

Nerf War Tips-Sniper I_vote_lcap0%Nerf War Tips-Sniper I_vote_rcap 0% 
[ 0 ]
Nerf War Tips-Sniper I_vote_lcap83%Nerf War Tips-Sniper I_vote_rcap 83% 
[ 5 ]
[ 0 ]
[ 0 ]
Nerf War Tips-Sniper I_vote_lcap17%Nerf War Tips-Sniper I_vote_rcap 17% 
[ 1 ]
[ 0 ]
[ 0 ]

Total Votes : 6

Nerf War Tips-Sniper Empty Nerf War Tips-Sniper

Post  Shockwave Thu Aug 08, 2013 1:36 pm

Yes,I have decided to start my own Nerf War Tips Column!I will set one up every fortnight,each time focusing on one class* (*Class/Classes-A job/position that you could do/be in a competitve Nerf War) you could have in a nerf war,the pros and cons of it and 10 guns that would be good for the job in which you can vote for the best one in a poll!This column is on snipers!

Picture this:You have been working hard in the field for half an hour in your game of Capture The Flag then you spot a runner sneaking past your defence.You chase after them but they get inside your base.You quickly fumble with your pistol to stop them but someone beats you to the target "but who oh who could be so quick and accurate?" A SNIPER OF COURSE!A (good) sniper is (arguably) the best asset & player you could have defensivly in a nerf war.Think you would make a good sniper?Well,then I suggest you read up on this!First,here are the 3 pros and cons:
PROS
1.Unique job (only one sniper allowed per team)
2.Great firepower!
3.Great satisfaction when saving your team,being last man and all!

CONS
1.HUGE responsiblity
2.No room for error (you will get the blame if they get a point)
3.You'll get very lonely if you are a people person

Secondly,here is a starter kit I have created that works really well:
A Sniper nest (a high place that can only be accsesd via a secret entrence)
One or two of the guns listed in the poll above with a shoulder strap and,if it doesn't already come with one,a bipod/tripod
A lot of ammo,as much capacity as possible!
Communication with the rest of your team ie walkie talkies (just the team leader or someone in the attack will be enough)

Now,it may seem like a cool job,however it is a big responsiblity and your team's sniper is the captain of your team's defence! So to rap up this guide I will sum it up with these skills:
Be able to act under presure
Have patience
Lock on and identify strong players
Give orders clearly & quickly
And have good eyesight Very Happy 

Ok,now you get the flow of a sniper's job,why not put your skills to use?Here are a few sniper excersises that will help with all of the above points:

I call this one the Can Can!Stand a group of small objects (like cans) up in a pyramid formation then shoot at it 2 meters away without a scope,then with a scope,then 3 meters without,then with,etc,etc.

Last Gap-Have a friend run towards a certain point while you sit up high in a Sniper Nest with 2-4 bullets,shout go and have your friend try and get there without getting shot.This will help you use your ammo wisely and elimanate all signs of being trigger happy!

So,now that you guys have read up on snipering and done some activities,time for a pop quiz! I have chosen seven nerf guns that would make/are really,really good sniper guns.All you need to do is vote for the best one and reply to this topic saying which one you chose and why.Happy polling!

Shockwave
Shockwave
Leader Of Sonic Ice House

Nerf Points : 123

https://nww-nzforum.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Nerf War Tips-Sniper Empty Re: Nerf War Tips-Sniper

Post  Barricade Sat Sep 28, 2013 1:40 am

This is a really great idea and I love the first edition!I voted for the longstrike CS 6 cause it's just awesome!Keep up the great work and keep this series going!P.s could the next one please be about Barricaders?My fav position?PLEASE???Laughing 
Barricade
Barricade
Leader Of Gear Up House

Nerf Points : 88

Back to top Go down

Post  Shockwave Sun Sep 29, 2013 3:41 pm

Barricade wrote:This is a really great idea and I love the first edition!I voted for the longstrike CS 6 cause it's just awesome!Keep up the great work and keep this series going!P.s could the next one please be about Barricaders?My fav position?PLEASE???Laughing 
There is a high posiblity that it could be about Barricaders but it's a part of a threeway tie between hunters and scouts at the moment!
Shockwave
Shockwave

Back to top Go down

Post  Barricade Fri Oct 04, 2013 1:17 am

Shockwave wrote:
Barricade wrote:This is a really great idea and I love the first edition!I voted for the longstrike CS 6 cause it's just awesome!Keep up the great work and keep this series going!P.s could the next one please be about Barricaders?My fav position?PLEASE???Laughing 
There is a high posiblity that it could be about Barricaders but it's a part of a threeway tie between hunters and scouts at the moment!
Come on,surely Barricaders fit in to the Defenders category,unlike Scouts or Hunters!Why not just do the positions in order,starting at the Defenders at the very back to the Attackers at the very front?
Barricade
Barricade
Leader Of Gear Up House

Back to top Go down

Post  Shockwave Sat Oct 05, 2013 2:45 am

Barricade wrote:
Shockwave wrote:
Come on,surely Barricaders fit in to the Defenders category,unlike Scouts or Hunters!Why not just do the positions in order,starting at the Defenders at the very back to the Attackers at the very front?
Yeah,that sounds like a fair way to go!Ok then,the next position to have a guide is...BARRICADERS!!!Then Permiator Defenders,then Heavy Defenders,then Crows,then Hunters,then Scouts,then '360s',then Searchers (Otherwise called Assasins),then Attackers,then the Snatcher.then the Captain and then we're done!Phew,that was a mouthfull!Don't worry if you have no idea what a 360 does or what gun a Crow uses or if Assasins actually kill people* as I'll cover them all!P.s *They don't.
Shockwave
Shockwave

Back to top Go down

Post  Barricade Sun Oct 06, 2013 5:51 am

Shockwave wrote:
Barricade wrote:
Shockwave wrote:
Yeah,that sounds like a fair way to go!Ok then,the next position to have a guide is...BARRICADERS!!!Then Permiator Defenders,then Heavy Defenders,then Crows,then Hunters,then Scouts,then '360s',then Searchers (Otherwise called Assasins),then Attackers,then the Snatcher.then the Captain and then we're done!Phew,that was a mouthfull!Don't worry if you have no idea what a 360 does or what gun a Crow uses or if Assasins actually kill people* as I'll cover them all!P.s *They don't.
Out of all 12 positions in a serious compition for a nerf war,I know 8 out of 12!(I don't know Perimiater Defenders, Crows,Hunters or '360s',)and good luck on writing the Barricade position guide,I'll be marking you!
Barricade
Barricade
Leader Of Gear Up House

Back to top Go down

Post  Kiwiaristo Mon Jan 13, 2014 11:54 am

Don't see how a Vulcan has fitted on the choices, would more put it as a defense gun. As for the Centurian, would be a bit hard in a long war with ammo supply, unless you spend the money to modded it to take standard darts or buy LOOTTTS of mega darts
Kiwiaristo
Kiwiaristo

Nerf Points : 28

Back to top Go down

Post  Sonicwave Tue Jan 14, 2014 1:51 am

Kiwiaristo wrote:...As for the Centurian, would be a bit hard in a long war with ammo supply, unless you spend the money to modded it to take standard darts or buy LOOTTTS of mega darts
I am a sniper myself in Nerf wars and I use between 5-6 clip magazines (that's what,30-36 darts) at the most during a 2 hour Nerf war.Snipering if one of the classes that need to be operated by an ammo conseritive,non trigger happy person.If you use more than 36 darts snipering this isn't the position for you.Although I must agree it is quite expensive to buy an ammo booster pack for the Centurion  Very Happy !
Sonicwave
Sonicwave
Leader Of Sonic House

Nerf Points : 5

Back to top Go down

Post  Shockwave Sat Jan 18, 2014 3:48 am

Sonicwave wrote:
Kiwiaristo wrote:...As for the Centurian, would be a bit hard in a long war with ammo supply, unless you spend the money to modded it to take standard darts or buy LOOTTTS of mega darts
I am a sniper myself in Nerf wars and I use between 5-6 clip magazines (that's what,30-36 darts) at the most during a 2 hour Nerf war.Snipering if one of the classes that need to be operated by an ammo conseritive,non trigger happy person.If you use more than 36 darts snipering this isn't the position for you.Although I must agree it is quite expensive to buy an ammo booster pack for the Centurion  Very Happy !
...Uh huh.Yeah,let's...I think...No,I won't even go there  Rolling Eyes!I'm sure scott was simply trying to be polite Mr serious  Very Happy!!Also,issue 2 will be up soon on the heavy duty Barricades so keep an eye out!...
Shockwave
Shockwave

Back to top Go down

Post  Risklegacy Sun Sep 14, 2014 8:46 am

a nstrike cs-6 detachable correction is recon and isnt meant to be used but is still affecteve but longstrike correction all the way
Risklegacy
Risklegacy
Co-Leader Of Sonic Ice House

Nerf Points : 91

Back to top Go down

Post  Venom Wed Sep 17, 2014 12:37 pm

Risklegacy wrote:a nstrike cs-6 detachable correction is recon and isnt meant to be used but is still affecteve but longstrike correction all the way
I m not into the sniping stuff,I prefer the frontline instead of cowarding at thew back (although Im sure the NWW snipers arent like that Razz )
Venom
Venom

Nerf Points : 45

Back to top Go down

Post  Frostbite Wed Sep 17, 2014 1:03 pm

Venom wrote:
Risklegacy wrote:a nstrike cs-6 detachable correction is recon and isnt meant to be used but is still affecteve but longstrike correction all the way
I m not into the sniping stuff,I prefer the frontline instead of cowarding at thew back (although Im sure the NWW snipers arent like that Razz )
Ditto,I read in the 'What Is Your Prefered Nerf War Class' you like being in the frontline,mainly Searcher/Scout.Mayby me,you and Shockwave could form like the ultimate Scout strike team Very Happy
Frostbite
Frostbite

Nerf Points : 97

Back to top Go down

Post  Risklegacy Wed Sep 17, 2014 2:29 pm

Actually being a sniper is harder than it looks. U need to be calm an not get easily frustrated
Risklegacy
Risklegacy

Back to top Go down

Post  Risklegacy Wed Sep 17, 2014 2:31 pm

Along with in the military a sniper should be able to stay in one spot for 75 hours and keep eyes on them the hole time
Risklegacy
Risklegacy

Back to top Go down

Post  Shockwave Fri Sep 19, 2014 4:22 am

Risklegacy wrote:Along with in the military a sniper should be able to stay in one spot for 75 hours and keep eyes on them the hole time
Good luck with that Rolling Eyes Very Happy
Shockwave
Shockwave

Back to top Go down

Post  Risklegacy Fri Sep 19, 2014 8:50 am

Hahahaha
Risklegacy
Risklegacy

Back to top Go down

Post  Barricade Sun Sep 28, 2014 3:08 am

Shockwave wrote:
Risklegacy wrote:Along with in the military a sniper should be able to stay in one spot for 75 hours and keep eyes on them the hole time
Is there a Guinness World Record for longest Nerf War?Kind of rendom,but the whole '75 hour' thing got me thinking.
Barricade
Barricade
Leader Of Gear Up House

Back to top Go down

Post  Shockwave Sun Sep 28, 2014 3:17 am

Barricade wrote:
Shockwave wrote:
Is there a Guinness World Record for longest Nerf War?Kind of rendom,but the whole '75 hour' thing got me thinking.
Just been Googling this:there is a record for the Largest Nerf War,but not the longest.It would be quite fun though,doing a 24 hour Nerf War.There would have be a lot of stratigising and particapents,and probably a few tents Very Happy (before anyone asks,no NWW will not try to set the record for the longest Nerf War.Probably.Not definate.I mean we could...Im sure quite a few local members would be keen... Very Happy )
Shockwave
Shockwave

Back to top Go down

Post  Risklegacy Sun Oct 05, 2014 10:09 am

Gonna start planing now
Risklegacy
Risklegacy